This summer is so busy! I can't quite keep up with anything. We went on a little family vacation in June to Lagoon. I used my -teacher's get in cheap coupon- and we had a blast! McKoy rode pretty much every ride there. He is 5 (except today is his birthday and so he is now 6, but I am talking about stuff that happened a few weeks ago and it sounds more dramatic if I say he is 5) so anyway he is 5 and he rode Wicked! If you don't know what ride that is let me just say it is fast and scary and he had to sit in a booster seat just to ride it! Yes,they put booster seats on roller coasters. I didn't know either and it sounded weird but we got to cut in line because the booster seat line was shorter than the regular seat line, so I accepted that it is weird. I grabbed his little wrist and held on for dear life because I was afraid he was going to fall out. Kody stayed with Mataya so McKoy and I rode it alone. Anyway, he rode everything and was NOT afraid of anything. It was a blast. The next day we went to Seven Peaks. Same thing happened there. He rode everything and was fine with all of the slides. We had so much fun! I had never been there before and loved its guts. I didn't take very many pics of Seven Peaks because we rented a locker and the camera was in there most of the time.
Then we came home from vacation just in time for the 4th of July. We did our usual. Parade, park, sit on Maye's porch, bbq at Kim's and watch fireworks. It was the same as every year and one of my favorite holidays. I love doing the same things over and over. Oh Oh, I almost forgot something so funny. We let off fireworks on Kim's driveway for the 4th. We had 47 people there including our kids. That was just family. So Tamra (Kim's sister in law) bought fireworks and we let them off. Well there was this big huge firework that we decided to save for the grand finale. It said $29.99 on the side and was really big. So Mikey lit it and it sparked for a really long time and that was it. Well everyone was preparing to go when Talia remembered a package of fireworks she had purchased. It looked like a package of bottled water. So we are all yawning and most of the kids had fallen asleep when Mike lit that thing. It shot in the air, 3 huge fireworks that exploded right over our heads! It scared the #$%& out of all of us so bad. Then 3 more shot in the air, and then 3 more. It scared everyone so bad that all the kids were crying and the adults needed to change their underwear. It was so dang funny. I was laughing so hard I was crying. We were not expecting that thing to be so awesome. Talia said they were out of fireworks at Smith's but they had that one package for $60. She thought it was a package but it was just one single firework! I love that girl. She is hilarious. The cops didn't come because we lit all legal stuff this year but that last one was truly crazy.
The next thing to happen was Kim had baby number 3! Lainee Lindsey Hardin was born at 9:58am on July 11th. She was 8 pounds 3 ounces and 21 inches long. I filmed her debut like I did her other kids' births. It was perfect. Seriously she came out on the second contraction of pushing. It was so fast. Her hair is light almost blond! She looks just like a Hardin baby.
So after the birth of Lainee, I had to go to girls camp. That's right... me... camping... in a tent...with my ward...for 4 days 3 nights. It really turned out to be fun and I learned a lot. There is such a strong spirit at camp with all those girls. The speakers were great and it was a great experience for me. The girls in my ward are so amazing. Much better girls than I was at that age. At least their attitudes and willingness to help were probably better than I was. I had a great time...and then cried in my driveway when I got home. I missed my kids and it was just too long to be gone. Next time I think one or two nights will be good. Kody thought it was long too. He has never stayed with the kids by himself for that long. I've never been away for more than one night at a time. And wait til you hear this. Kody cleaned the whole house for me to come home to! Really! It was really sweet of him. I'm telling you people he can be a good one when he wants to be.
So that brings us to today. McKoy's birthday. I will do a birthday post when I get the pics put on this thing. So until then...
Looks like a fun summer! Your little girl is gorgeous. I love all of her hair.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys have had a FUN summer! I had to laugh at you and your sister matching because my sister and I have a lot of matching clothes too! So funny!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you have had a fun summer so far!! We are also heading to Lagoon this summer...hope it's fun! Your family is so cute...
ReplyDeleteCute post!! You are hilarious...I miss your guts!
ReplyDeleteyour sister chose one heck of a beautiful name!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love Koy trying not to smile in the pioneer village pic.
ReplyDeleteKenz, What a cute little family you have!! Seriously! And you are still as beautiful as ever. ps in Cody's defense I totally remember Lagoon's crazy flip-flop rule! I am so happy they changed it and that you all were able to rides!! xo
ReplyDeleteYou just tell Kody he is just like every other dad/husband at family pictures hahah! But it's hard to take your own family pictures!! But we should take some of you guys!! Let me know!!!
ReplyDelete