Monday, June 20, 2011
FIRST OF ALL
OK first of all I was in the hospital today for nine hours waiting, with absolutely nothing to do. So I was reading every one's blogs and could not comment on any of them. That's right, for whatever reason blogger has been keeping me from leaving comments on every one's posts. It's frustrating when you type a big long comment and then it won't post. I get really mad. So sorry that I cannot comment on anything you all are sharing.
ANYWAY
Kody was supposed to go into surgery at 9:00 am this morning. He got up at 6:00 and went and played basketball. Came home and showered, then we got in the car and headed to St. George. We got there on time and they prepped him for surgery, started his IV, got him dressed, etc. At about 9:30 Kody said he saw the doctor coming. Then a nurse came and said there was a patient in the ER with chest pain and the doctor would be back when that was taken care of. After 4 hours of waiting for him to come back we were getting a little impatient. Kody suggested I go get lunch and come back. He obviously couldn't eat and was starving but no reason why I have to suffer. So I got in the car, made some phone calls, and headed up the road. Of course as I'm driving the phone rings and they are ready to take him back and need me to come back to the hospital. (The doctor likes the family to wait in recovery in case he needs to talk to them) The nurse, Derek, said to get something to eat and bring it back. So I ran into Durango's, got my food and headed back. I then watched 16 and Pregnant and Made on MTV until they brought Kody out of surgery. He did really well. They switched the old pacemaker with the new, and left the leads that are attached to the heart alone. It went fine and well. Then we waited for another 4 hours while he recovered until they would let me take him home. It was a long day but worth every minute to make sure the device keeping my husband alive is working properly. Thanks to everyone that sent messages. We love ya'll! Oh Oh Oh I almost forgot. In the middle of all that my principal called and offered me a Kindergarten position at my school. I've been in first grade for 5 years and am now going to give Kindergarten a try. We'll see how I do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am soooo happy that everything went well today! I was wondering if you were in Saint George for this- I should have texted.... and helped out somehow!
ReplyDeleteI am so jealous! I have been in 1st grade for 6 years, and would love to 'try' kindergarten. I don't know when anything will open up at my school though! I just want to switch it up a little- but until then, I love first grade!
I'm glad things went good for Cody. Man I would be a stress case. You guys sure have had your share of surgery.
ReplyDeleteWill you be in kindergarten this coiming year? You must be taking someone else's place? I was bummed Lainie didn't get Ross. That's who both the boys had. Oh I do hope if things are changing she will end up with you or Alecia!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm glad everything went good! The other day my dad tells me "I need you to get a hold of "what buck's" wife, and see how hes doing, Hes having surgery today." (apparently "what buck" is what they call Kody these days??) any way he will be very happy to know everything went good! And congrats on the new job, you'll be great!
ReplyDeleteGlad everything went well - other than the wait.
ReplyDeleteYou'll be awesome at Kindergarten!
P.s. We are the worst at phone tag!
ReplyDelete