Sunday, December 19, 2010

Mataya is 18 months

Playing peek a boo. Too cute. (PS Yes, she is wearing a Bears jersey.)
Mataya turned 18 months on Dec.8th. I took her to her pediatrician last Monday for her well check. The nurse took us back after an hour of waiting. (Don't get me started.) She weighed and measured my little doll. She stood on the scale all by herself like a big kid. Then the nurse filled out the little card with her stats. Here they are:
Weight 18 pounds 4 ounces 1st percentile
Height 31 inches 29th percentile
Head 43.5 1st percentile
So let me break it down for you. She is skinny and tall with a pin head. Yep that's her. Well not really tall but not strangely short. So I was so excited because she was in the 1st percentile for her weight and head circumference. She has never even been on the charts for those things so I felt like a celebration was in order because she made the charts. So I text Kody, my sister, my mom, my mother in law, my aunts, my cousins, and friends the good news. She made the charts!!! Then the doctor came in and asked me how I was feeling about things. I told her how happy I was that we finally made the charts. Then she proceeded to tell me that they have a new computer system that doesn't go less than the first percentile. So she isn't actually on the charts but the computer doesn't go lower. What the H! Couldn't the nurse have told me that before I went texting the town? Even with that minor setback my little peanut is doing so well! She is still in a size 2 diaper but she is acting like a real person. Walking and talking(ish). She is mean as heck when she wants to be. A real SASS a FRASS. Which I kind of like but am also afraid of. Anyway, we don't see the cardiologist again for a while and I'm not sure about the geneticist. I need to call them but I've really enjoyed not going to the doctor so much. So there you have it. I need to post a few more things before Christmas! More to come...

4 comments:

  1. Those pictures are so cute. You can tell she has her daddy wrapped around her tiny finger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still saykkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkjmkjkjiz988z0989 vgbzzzzzzz she is in the oneth percntilev ffff bhf ty(that was Jax, she's happy too)as I was saying I still say she's in the oneth percentile, and at least she's not a carpea. Her head is just right for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutey! I can't believe she's in size 2 diaper, you're going to have to special order panties. Rand is in size 5 (but he's a chunk).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to update th ole blogarooney(yep I said it) p.s. who is turbo? hahahahahaha Seriously we need to get together this weekend or sometime this week ASAP! there are things unfolding that you need to be a part of. Maybe i'll just call you tomorrow.love ya guts! p.s. kym?

    ReplyDelete