Saturday, October 9, 2010
Do not keep silence.
Since Kimi is tending for me now she decided she wanted her baby monitor back. I don't own my own monitor since #1 I'm cheap, and #2 Kim owns one so why should I, when I can borrow hers? I never used one with McKoy since we lived in a small house in scenic Enoch when he was a baby, and didn't need one. In our new house the master bedroom is on one side of the house, and the kids' bedrooms are on the other. Anyway needless to say I need a monitor and Kim took hers back. So I decided after going to my cousin's baby shower (Ashley Jackson) and watching her open one of those cool monitors with the camera that you can see the baby on, that I needed that one. I would like to have another baby so if I'm going to buy one, I should get a cool one right? So I went to Target and bought one that cost $160.00. While I was at Target my dad called (the ebay king) and told me to just buy one on ebay and save some money. So I bought the expensive one just in case ebay didn't have what I wanted, and went over to my dad's house to look up monitors with him. We searched all night and I finally decided on a brand new one from ChinaCosto. In the description it was very clear that if you are unhappy with your new monitor you should contact them immediately. "Do not keep silence!" We were laughing because the person who wrote the add had a Chinese accent if you will. Anyway, I don't have an ebay account so my dad bought it and brought it to me when it came. The packaging was from China and the labels were all in Chinese. Kody was in Vegas so I opened it myself to try and put it together. I got it all set up but noticed that there were scratches on the blue part, near the buttons on the monitor. It was supposed to be brand new. I did open everything from what appeared to be original packaging. I started to get a little mad, so I pulled up the add on ebay and it did say brand new, never been opened. Anyway, I am thinking that it would be difficult to return because the senders address was written in Chinese. So I figured I would keep it even if it was scratched. At least it worked, or so I thought. So I get it all set up and it is so amazing! I soon forgot that it was scratched and McKoy and I took turns going into Mataya's room and waving at the camera while the other one watched on the monitor. It even works in the dark. Don't ask me how. Something about night vision infrared something or other. So the next day my friend Kim Almond comes over and I'm showing her the amazing monitor. I go in Mataya's room to wave at her and she tells me that she can't see me on the monitor. The screen is frozen and all we can see is an empty room. So I'm feeling a little nervous thinking what did I buy? Anyway, she leaves and Kody comes home from Vegas and I'm still totally excited to show him. But the screen is still frozen. So Kody messes with it and seems to fix it. It starts working again and we go to sleep. The next morning McKoy comes in our room and says Mataya is crying in her bed. I grab the monitor and I see her sleeping in the picture. The screen froze with her sleeping and she was in her room screaming! I was so mad at that dang monitor. So I call my dad and tell him I need him to email ChinaCosto to get our money back. After all they said "Do not keep silence." So he forwards me the email he sent and what they sent back. In his email he told them it wasn't working and that he didn't want to leave negative feedback on their ebay account so to please give us our money back. He also explained that it was scratched on the blue area near the buttons. He was very nice and professional. Their email said:
Dear Friend,
Do not try to intimidate us with negative feedback. We receive many many feedback. We do not care of it. Don't worry we will help you best fix problem. I will explain some detail for you. The blue area is not real thing. It is to protect your monitor. You can take off film, like you bought a mobile phone, you can take off film. Please check antenna for monitor. That is important for monitor.
Then it went on to list other trouble shooting tips. I emailed my dad to let him know the blue area DOES NOT come off. I already tried that. There is clear plastic over the screen but I already took that off. And the camera didn't come with an antenna. I looked for one because I saw one in the picture but it didn't come with one. So he emails ChinaCosto back again telling them they are wrong and we want our money back. Then they email back again with more tips. This whole time I'm at work so I told my dad I would try the tips when I got home. So I get home from work and grab the monitor to see if I can fix it. I look at the scratched area around the buttons really close. I use my nail to kind of scratch it myself and it kind of crinkles up. So I scratch a little more and it really gets all crinkled and what do you know? It WAS blue film and it DID peel right off! So I grab the box it came in to look through the plastic stuff it came wrapped in and what do you know? It DID come with an antenna! Right there wrapped up in plastic was the never been opened antenna. %$#@! ChinaCosto was right the whole time! Boy do I feel like a horse's putoot. So I had to call my dad and tell him I'm a jack @$$ (in case he didn't already know) and I'm sorry for ruining his ebay reputation. And what do you know? My monitor works great. That ChinaCosto really knows how to make a quality product.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ha ha, what a funny story, I love it. I have a video monitor too and I love it, it is so cool! I'm so goad that yours is working now so you can enjoy it:)
ReplyDeleteAlso thanks so much for dinner tonight, it was wonderful! Really it was great and it was fun to visit with you guys, hope to see ya again soon:) Thanks!
LOL that is too funny, but I would have done the exact same thing. PS Your yard looks great!
ReplyDelete