The title of this post is Primary Children's motto. Just reading it chokes me up. I am the biggest baby over everything. If you have never been to Primary Children's Medical Center you are lucky. However, it truly is an amazing place. The entire hospital is designed for children. They don't wheel you around in beds or wheel chairs. They have wagons and little cars stuffed with pillows so you can ride in style. The hospital is being repainted and they have quotes on the walls from little kids. There are toys everywhere and the waiting rooms have Xbox's, Nintendo Wii's, and Playstations for big kids. It is really all about making children feel safe and happy while they are there. It's seriously a place where angels do their work.
So we are home now from the hospital. It was sooo fast. The last post I did was yesterday, I just forgot to actually publish the post. I was so tired. Anyway, after surgery she couldn't move her legs for 6 hours. But she was sleeping most of the time. When she did wake she would cry or moan. At about 5:00 she really woke up and was starting to act a little bit like herself. She didn't sleep that well last night. She kept waking up and I would rock her back to sleep. I slept in the room with her which was nice. I was worried about her sleeping at night in a strange place. This morning at about 6:00 they took her down for a second chest xray. Then the doctor came and visited us. He said things looked great but he wanted to do an ultrasound of her heart before we left. So we did that and then they released us! It was awesome that we could get out of there. We have to see the cardiologist again on Thursday or Friday but she will be in St. George so we don't have to go back to Primary's until the end of the month. Yay! Thank you to everyone that prayed for us! I know our prayers were truly answered. I cannot ever repay everyone's kindness. My school friends totally rock! They got me this big basket full of treats to munch on while we were at the hospital. Alecia Ross made Mataya two onesies and a darling hair flower. My neighbors are making me dinner, and a million people called, texted, or left comments on this blog to let us know they were thinking of us. Our family members helped give Mataya and I a blessing before we went. Kody's aunt Sheila and uncle Don let us stay at their house on Thursday and fed us dinner. Sheila bought McKoy a toy and Mataya two outfits. My sister got Mataya and McKoy each a little bear to make them feel better. And she kept McKoy one night and Kody's family kept him the next. I am so blessed to have an amazing family and amazing friends. Thank you so much! I will never forget all of your kind words. It has meant more than you'll ever know. Thanks a million from Mataya, Kody and I!
I haven't checked in for a while and was totally surprised by this post. I am so glad that everything went well. I think of you guys often and hope that you are doing well. She is so adorable. Hugs to you!!
ReplyDeleteOh Kenz! I am so glad things went well. I was thinking about you guys this weekend! It will be so nice to have that worry out of your mind! What a sweet little baby you have! Good job!
ReplyDeleteKenz, I'm so glad things went well. I hope things continue to improve for your little angel. Gaige misses you at school. I can't believe that this year is almost over! We will miss you TONS!! Keep us posted on Mataya!
ReplyDeletePoor little girl! I'm glad that things went well though...so scary to have a baby have to go through surgery. What a sweet baby to still be smiling after all that!
ReplyDeleteOh I am so glad everything went well, I talked to your grandparents Friday afternoon and they said it went well. Bill and I really wanted to bring you guys dinner but we weren't sure when you would get home so maybe we could treat you to dinner instead. :) Christian really has been missing you at school, he says you'll be there tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteKenzie-
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about and praying for you guys that entire day. I'm glad it all went good.
We're so glad that things went well for her. Whew! Can't wait to find out what they say back at Primary's. :) And really can't wait to spend the weekend with you guys!
ReplyDelete