Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mataya's Update

People always post on their blogs their baby's stats from their doctor visits. So at Mataya's nine month appointment (in March) I thought I would post her stats. Then I got to the doctor and after the horrible visit I changed my mind. Her weight was still really low. So low that I cried. Then the very next day after her nine month well check we had to take her to the cardiologist. It was decided that if she didn't gain weight she would have to have heart surgery in April. So the cardiologist put her on yet ANOTHER medication to see if it would help her gain weight. I am still pumping out my breast milk four times a day and fortifying it with special formula to make it really high calorie milk. I take her in for weekly weight checks to monitor her very closely. She is now 10 months old. Her weight has gone up some since her 9 month well check. She is currently 12 pounds 2 ounces! Yay! (Sort of) YAY for her, but BOO when we compare her to other babies:( So right before Easter we were called by our cardiologist from Primary Children's and it was decided by a team of doctors up there, that she would have heart surgery on April 30th. That brings us up to date. This coming Friday my sweet little baby is going to have heart surgery to close up one of her three holes in her heart. They say it is a low risk surgery and that she probably won't be in the hospital very long. So we are praying that all will go well and that my pipsqueak little girl can get some pounds packed on her tiny little body. I will let everyone know how it goes.

9 comments:

  1. You are in our thoughts and prayers. She is as cute as ever. If you need anything, please let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I need to come home to be there for you. Do you need anyone to watch mckoy? let me know and I'll be there in 8 hrs. I love guys. Hugs, P.S. I'm really serious love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll be praying for her and you! Let us know if we can help at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweat baby Mataya...we will definitely be keeping her and your family in our prayers. Please keep us updated!! Love you guys.
    XOXO Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Kenz.. That is so hard to hear. I'm sorry. If you or your family needs anything while you are up here let me know. We have extra bedrooms, food, and toys. Really.
    You guys will be in our prayers!
    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so cute and sweet! We will remember you guys in our prayers this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh poor baby girl. I hope everything goes good. We will be praying for you guys. That is so scary, I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys will be in our thoughts and prayers. If we can do anything please let us know. We love your little family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete