Sunday, February 7, 2010
Super Bowl Sunday!
Today is the super bowl! We love football at our house and we are going over to our neighbors in a little while. We not only love football but we love TV of any kind. We have a plethera of shows we watch religiously at our house. We watch Lost, which just started last week and is in its final season. We watch The Office, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, and Survivor. And that is just on Thursday's. On Sunday's we watch Desperate Housewives, on Monday's and Tuesday's we watch Dancing with the Stars when it is on. Kody watches Heroes and this season I have been watching American Idol occasionally. I also tivo Ellen and Oprah daily along with Cold Case Files on A&E. Kody tivo's The Bone Collector. This is not a murder mystery show like you're thinking, it is actually a bow hunting show on the Outdoor Channel. (can anyone say STUPID?) He also records a bunch of other crap on the outdoor channel but they are not worth mentioning. We also pick up the occasional reality show like The Jersey Shore. You know good wholesome family entertainment. We have been watching a few new shows like Cougar Town with Courteney Cox lately as well. Anyway, the reason I am sharing this is because a few weeks ago we had a snow storm hit on a Thursday night. We were watching Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader waiting for our Thursday night line up to start when the satellite went out. We kind of just sat silently for a minute waiting to see what was going to happen. Kody looked at me and said, "It looks like there is snow out on the satellite." I nodded and waited for him to do something about it. He looked at me and said, "I'm not going out there. I guess we just won't watch TV tonight." I pondered this for a minute and thought there is no way I am sitting here all night staring at each other in silence. So I put on a hoodie and some boots and headed out with a broom to see if I could reach the satellite to brush off the snow. I walked through the snow to the side of the house in my boots and tried to reach the satellite with no such luck. I know you are wondering why I didn't get a ladder out and that would be because we don't own a ladder. Yes that is right, we have never owned a ladder in our seven years together. We used to borrow our neighbors, Randy and Malesha Hunter's ladder when we lived in Enoch. Now we borrow Steve and Martene Barker's ladder. Anyway without a ladder I got creative and came inside and got a stool from the kitchen. I trucked back outside in the blinding snow carrying a broom and a ladder. Well standing on the stool and reaching with the broom still wasn't high enough to reach the satellite. I looked around and there just happened to be a wheel barrel on the side of the house in a good location. Melted snow and rain had frozen into a large ice block inside the wheel barrel. So I put the stool on top of the ice block inside the wheel barrel and climbed on top. If I fell off I was going to land in the window well right beside me filled with 3 rakes left out from our sprinkler system. I carefully lifted the broom up and I could just barely reach the bottom of the satellite. So I carefully banged the satellite with the broom to knock off the packed snow and do you know what happened? It worked! All the snow fell off of the satellite-and landed on my head. Yes, a pile of snow fell right on top of my head neerly knocking me into the window well! So of course I am now madder than heck at my husband who is sitting inside by the fire place while I am outside risking my life so we can watch our Thursday shows! I come inside with the stool, soaking wet, and he doesn't even look up from the TV! Needless to say I gave him an earful before our 7:00 shows started! Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone! (even if it is snowing)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Im the same way I HATE the outdoor channels!!!! And that dang snow storm made my DVR miss Grays. Next time I'll call you over to clean off my dish!
ReplyDeleteKenz you seriously crack me up. I have to say I never read anyones blogs except for yours and my sisters. I rarely have time to check out peoples pictures let alone read novels.. However, I LOVE reading your little blog!! I think I love it because you write exactly the way you talk, which i love and miss!! I can totally picture you storming in the house with wet/snowed hair being mad at Kody!! hahah. that is SO what i would have done. your story cracks me up! I love that you watch as many shows as we do :) love ya girly, hopefully one of these days i can stop by!!
ReplyDeletePut that in your pipe and smoke it! LOL!! You should move to Vegas!
ReplyDeleteXOXO Melanie
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ReplyDeletesorry about that I couldn't quit laughing. It reminded me of another story when you didn't have a ladder. At least you aren't preggers this time.
ReplyDeleteHey, because it's you. Tell Mckoy that. You are welcome. I had to do Valentine's for Kobe's class and since there are only 5 kids I had a few left over. so I decided to take some to Sydney too, and thought hey we can send them to the cousins in cedars too. Sorry they weren't there before. I tried but the mail people don't seem to care that I sent them a day to late and they need to hurry up. Oh well, what do ya do. Well I hope you dude's had a happy VD. I was going to come up for Brents 50th but we have to move that weekend , so you guys have fun without us. like usual. love ya
ReplyDeleteSounds like something that would happen at our house, you should have told Kody there was a big deer or something then maybe he would have gone outside :) MEN
ReplyDeleteha ha ha you are so funny! I can't believed you tromped out there to get the snow off! I miss you and hope all is well. Also cute pictures of Mataya's room-so cute
ReplyDeleteHey Kenzie. I am glad you found me. I love to see how your cute family is doing. Your little girl is just so adorable and sooooo much smaller than Dax. I mean I know that is inevitable, but I know they are close in age, so you would just die if you held him. (I die when I hold him.) I hope she is doing well still. It is good to hear from you. I will add you to my list also.
ReplyDelete