Monday, February 20, 2012

Finally an update/announcement

This is how we told our family on Christmas Eve. Mataya wore this shirt with a red tutu.
And this is how I'm telling you. We are having our third and final baby in July. And it's a boy! We are excited and nervous. Mostly I'm nervous because my last baby didn't sleep through the night until she was over a year old and she STILL wakes up some nights. BUT... I have to be thankful and count my blessing. This baby was not difficult to conceive. We tried for 8 months and then only did one month of fertility drugs. And we have had no problems at all. I have bled with five pregnancies including both my live children, but NOTHING with this one. I can't believe how easy it has been (besides being sick.) It's strange that this time I've been totally relaxed. Even when we decided to start trying I didn't take five pregnancy tests each month. I didn't track my ovulation cycle or anything. And the month I started clomid Kody was out of town during all the days I was supposed to be fertile. So I was surprised how fast it happened. Truly I have been the least stressed during this one out of all of them, and it has really paid off. We have had five ultra sounds so far and each one has been fine.
In the beginning I was sick and it was so awful I kind of wanted to back out. But there is no backing out and now things are much better. My husband has been so amazing this time. The other pregnancies were different. I don't know if it's because I was different and kind of a crazy person with the others. I'm still a crazy but he has been so awesome. During Christmas he took both kids to the movies so I could nap. He cleans the house, does the grocery shopping and cooks when he's home. He lets me go to bed at 8:00 and tucks me in. He pretty much has been taking care of me this time. And he is so excited. I think he knows it's the last one so he is just enjoying imagining his new little boy. He even took the ultra sound disk to Vegas without telling me and then posted the pics on facebook. I often make jokes at his expense on this blog but I really think I'll keep him.
My children are still not sure what to think about a baby. McKoy was so excited but really wanted another baby sister. Which is weird but he wanted to be the only boy and never have to share his stuff. He'll be 7 when this baby comes. He won't exactly be sharing clothes so I don't know what the big deal is. And our girl doesn't know what she is in for. She did see the baby on one of the ultra sounds and said, "The baby wants it's mama." I told her I'm its mama and she said, "No, you're Taya's mama." Uh oh is all I can say. Kody and I wanted a boy. I was thinking it was a girl and was surprised when she said boy. We are so excited. I do feel sad that Mataya won't get to have a sister but I guess she won't know what she is missing.
So there you have it. I have SO many things to update but it will probably never happen. I'll try my best. Bye.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! I am so excited for you guys. That is so nice Kody has been taking such good care of you. I am sorry you were so sick in the beginning but I am glad your stress level is down. Let us know if we can do anything for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kenz!!! I am so excited for you guys! I hope the rest of the pregnancy is relaxing and stress free for you and that little boy arrives healthy and strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you guys!!! That is so exciting! Sorry you have been sick but so glad that things have been going more smoothly than in the past. Can't wait to meet the new little man. And McKoy will be great. He was so nice and sweet with Peyton at Janet's a while back, he's such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! That is so exciting for you guys. Congrats, your kids will enjoy having a babe around:) (Even if they have to adjust). I love that you said you maybe wanted to "back out", haha. I think that I felt that way at least some point in my pregnancies. Way to go Kody on being the husband of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! I'm so excited for you guys. I'm glad this pregnancy is going good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kenzie.. i'm so excited for you guys!! You are such a good mom and i sure do miss seein you every now and then.. i miss cedar so much but am loving gunnison also... Hope things are goin great and good luck on the rest of your pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete