Sunday, September 11, 2011
Just a few things
So all of this post happened a long time ago but whatever. It's my blog and I'll post old stuff if I want to. (Geeze I can be so rude.)Koy turned 6 and we had another birthday party at my in- laws. I think we have had 4 out of 6 parties there. We had our usual crew. It was a fun time. We had pizza and cupcakes. Kody went to pick up the pizza and got 3! I made him go back for more. Then I made everyone eat every last piece so I could prove we needed that many pizzas. The weather was nice but a tad windy. The usual for Cedar, right. Koy got everything he wanted. He had been putting in orders to the grandparents for a long time. He divided up all the stuff he wanted and called and told each grandparent their assignment. They all came through of course. Kody got him his own bow. I'm not talking a plastic little bow with rubber arrows. I'm talking a real bow with his own arrows to match his dad's, along with other archery accessories that I don't know the name of. When we went to Lagoon we stopped at Kody's friends house in SCL that sells bows. McKoy practiced shooting a little bow in the bow shop and Kody decided it would be a good present. So the morning of his birthday Koy opened it and tried pulling it back but couldn't. So Kody loosened it up and McKoy tried again, but still couldn't do it. So after several loosing's the bow finally collapsed into pieces everywhere. We were all laughing because his whole present was now in parts on the floor. It wasn't as funny to Kody so he took his own car over to his parent's so he could take the bow into the shop on the way. They got it fixed and everything was fine after that. Here are some party pics.
Koy hanging with the lady guests. I would call him a lady's man but everyone in the pic is related except one.
Me trying to light the candle in the wind.
McKoy getting his 5th pirate ship. He has to have every one that comes out. This year it was assigned to grandma and grandpa Smith.
Taya Ju making nice work of her cupcake.
Talia in the pool with Taya Ju.
Birthday boy Koy. I'm not going to lie folks. He's handsome.
Other party guests hanging in the jacuzzi.
This pic is the day after Koy's party. Grandpa Rich turned 52 and we had a little gathering in my mom's backyard.
Cute girls doing a little slip n' slide
Koy with a biker du rag being cool.
Kimi's baby Lainee before she completely exploded in fatness. She is so fat now that her legs can't fit in the bumbo. She is only 2 1/2 months old. She is in the 100th percentile for weight. That's right. I said 100th. And her dad says she is going to be the fridge for Halloween. PS I gave Kim that blanket. So cute, right?
Now this is at my dad's house in St. George for his birthday. He turned 52 also. I have a lot of parent's to keep up on.
Taya Ju getting a little slip and slide action in her birthday suit.
My dad holding Lainee. She can't even move her arms. She is like a t-rex with a big body and short little arms. Seriously I could eat her. Just a little butter. MMMMmmmmm. She is so cute.
Koy and his buddies (Easton and Stockton) on the first day of Kindergarten. Koy wanted to wear his new Scooby doo shirt. We had a little discussion about it being the first day of the rest of his educational life and that he should wear a nice shirt. He got really sad and I could tell I crushed his dreams. So I did what any responsible parent would do that loved their child. I bribed him. I told him I would buy him a toy at Walmart if he would please wear a different shirt on the first day. So he wore this shirt and what do you think happened when he got to school? Some other kid was wearing that $#%* scooby doo shirt! When McKoy asked why other kids could wear Scooby doo on the first day and he couldn't I took the high road again. I said because those parent's don't love their kids as much as I love mine. JUST KIDDING. But I did say he should thank me for sparing him the embarrassment of wearing the same shirt as someone else on the first day. Koy knows that is a faux pas from the 24th of July, when Kim and I wore the same shirt to the park. (See earlier post)
Koy in his new kicks. Check out those green soles. Super cool Kindergarten attire.
We went camping over labor day. I haven't been camping in a tent since before McKoy was born. My dad brought his camper and Roon brought his. My little family slept in a tent my dad gave us. The tent is AWESOME. The instructions call it a "vacation home" and besides needing an engineering degree to put it together, it was great. It has two rooms in it and a screen porch. There is a light that velcros to the ceiling with a remote control. And it has hanging shelves in the corners with bay windows. You can stand all the way up inside it with room to grow. It is seriously cool. However, it is still a tent and that means cold nights. It would have been fine if I didn't have kids. But I do have kids, so I had Mataya laying on my head and McKoy squished right up against me. It's hard to keep the covers on you when kids are moving them in every direction. Then I was worried about the kids being too cold, etc etc etc. But the camping trip was so much fun. It really made me want to get a trailer. But then I remembered in order to get a trailer I would need another job. So I decided the tent was great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are hilarious! Love your blog! And I'm so glad koy wore the shirt that he did...tell him that "Julie white" said he looked so handsome! I love that he still calls me that. Love the pictures and the post.
ReplyDeleteThat was quite the post, but I loved every minute of it! I sorta live back in Cedar now. It's been a year, so we should hang out k love ya bye
ReplyDeleteThat is the cutest blanket I've ever seen - did you make it?
ReplyDelete