Sunday, April 10, 2011

At least it didn't cost us anything 'cause Santa brought it

( The house in the background it Steve and Martene's. Ours is on the other side of theirs. )
A few weeks ago it was so so so so so so so windy. I know it's always windy but this was EXTREME wind. It was a Sunday night. Kody was having a mouth sore problem and had to wake up every hour to gargle his meds so he was sleeping upstairs. Koy was sleeping with me in my bed. I swear I woke up every hour because the wind was SO loud. One time it was so loud I got up to look in our backyard to make sure our tramp was still there. It was tied safely to the fence and a cinder block in the backyard. It was moving because of the wind but just shaking and stuff. So at about 4:00 am McKoy wakes me up to inform me that he peed in my bed. He was laying on top of the covers because he gets hot. I had folded the comforter down because it is new (otherwise I would have been too lazy). But he did pee through 3 quilts, the sheets, and my feather mattress cover. It didn't get on the main mattress luckily. I don't know why he did it because he has been so good for months. He used to wear a pull up at night because he had accidents but he hasn't had an accident in so long that we stopped buying them. So I got up and changed his jammies, changed all the bedding etc. and tried to go back to sleep before my alarm went off at 6:30. Finally after what seemed like forever, I fell asleep just to be woke back up by my alarm. It was still dark outside when I peeked out my bathroom window to discover my trampoline was gone. Totally gone. The whole thing with the net around it gone. Nothing left but a snapped rope. I ran upstairs and woke Kody up. He got in the truck to go looking for it. He found it in an empty lot on the other side of our neighbors house, Steve and Martene. The wind was still blowing so hard that when Kody got back and told me he found it, I asked him if we could secure it down so it didn't blow any farther. He simply said, "That thing isn't going anywhere." The wind snapped the ropes and blew it OVER our side fence that we share with Steve and Martene, ACROSS their backyard, through the fence on the other side of their house and landed in a crumpled heap. It reminded me of a spider when it dies and curls up its legs. I was so sad. I even cried. I know it's stupid but I really liked that thing and I hadn't gotten much sleep. I was worried McKoy was going to cry but he just said, "At least it didn't cost us anything 'cause Santa brought it." On my way to work I passed three neighbors that still had their tramps in their yards. I was so mad. Not because theirs didn't get wrecked but because WE TIED OURS DOWN. Kody had talked to his friend Bill Batty about digging a hole to put our tramp in. He text Kody that day when he heard what had happened. He asked if we still needed him to come and dig that hole. I know it's funny now but come on, that's a bad morning. Oh, and our other friend told us about a place in town that buys scrap metal so Kody took our tramp in and got...$5! Yep, five bucks! That five dollars will go toward fixing Steve and Martene's fence. I am feeling much better about the whole thing but I am still sad when I look in our backyard and see an empty place with a snapped rope tied to the fence.

7 comments:

  1. so sorry----- but you always have the funniest stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh friend! how sad! Jenny is right, you do have the funniest stories! But the way you tell them is the funniest! I think I would have cried too. I remember that crazy wind storm. I was seriously worried our windows would break! But Koy is so right, 'at least it doesnt cost anything cause Santa brought it!' haha i love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is quite the story! The wind really was super crazy! Love that it was Santa's money not yours so no real loss there, right?! To funny:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This story gets better the more times it is told!! Love you!!
    XOXO Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhh Coy, what would we do without his comic relief in these times

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry and you can totally blame my husband for it. I told him he was a dumb a*@ for sending that text. I am glad McKoy made things a little lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Crap! That's too bad. I hate the wind.
    P.S. Have you heard that we're moving (hopefully where there is NO wind)

    ReplyDelete