Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mataya Turns One

Happy Birthday!
Alecia Ross made that darling birthday hat! She taught me how to iron on the number one on her onsie. Then her mom sewed it on and sewed some ruffles on the bum. Baby Halle loaned us the matching leg warmers. Thanks so much guys!
Say cheese!
Having some cake.
Too much birthday! Mataya having a happy day. Papa Kary and Mataya.
3 days old
The day she was born. It hurts me to see her face like that. Her lips were bleeding:(
Her poor eyes were bruised and swollen shut. I didn't see her eyes for a few days
So my baby girl turned one yesterday. I have mixed feelings about it. I prayed so hard for her to be here. I know there are people out there that have struggled with infertility way beyond anything I can imagine. But I wanted a baby soooo bad. I wanted to nurse a baby, rock one to sleep, change their diaper, feed them baby food. I wanted it all. (Yes I wanted to change diapers.) McKoy had grown out of diapers and I couldn't wait to have them again. So after Mataya was born I wanted her to stay a little baby. I didn't want her to get big. I loved nursing her. I loved how snugly she was. I wanted to have ten more babies after having her. Well I have changed my mind. Mataya has been really tough on me. Her birth was tough on me. Her many, many, doctor visits have been tough on me. Her surgery has been tough on me. Needless to say I am ready for her to gain weight so I can stop worrying so much about her. But I want her to stay a baby too. I have mixed feelings. Anyway, regardless of how I feel she turned one yesterday. I am sooooo blessed to be her mommy. All 13 pounds 4 ounces of her. (That was her weight on her birthday) I went all out on McKoy's first birthday. I had a huge party with a million presents. But that was 4 birthday parties ago. I am a little tired now. So we just had family over for cake and ice cream. Kody and I didn't even buy her anything. She'll never know. I buy her stuff all the time anyway, right? Of course all the grandparents bought her stuff and aunts, cousins, and friends. We only got one toy! Isn't that amazing! I hate toys! We have a million! And she is only one! So anyway I feel like this isn't that sentimental of a post for my baby girl's bday. I love her guts. She is the queen bee of this house. She is soooo fiesty. I have fear for when she gets older. Anyway- Happy Birthday Taya Ju!

11 comments:

  1. You are such a cute little mom. I forget about how hard that first year of life is with a sick baby. It makes my stomach hurt to see her beautiful little face bruised and swollen! You guys have had a crazy year! I can really tell she looks so much healthier since her surgery though! Really! LY Kenz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mataya! Poor thing she has had quite a year and so have you! You are an amazing mom and your kids are lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday cute girl. She is so cute! We need to have a play date so Ashton and Mataya can play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Taya post! and i love all the pictures... She is such a cutie. I had way fun playing with you guys yesterday..and I am excited to do it again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's SO cute, can't wait to meet the little doll in person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! When I look at Mataya's birth pictures I realize how far she has come! She was a little fighter and still is. We will have to get the kiddos together and make some more onesies! Love ya:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am terrible at this blog stuff these days but just caught up on yours. Happy birthday to your sweet little girl. So glad that the surgery went well. Your family is adorable. We miss seeing you guys across the street.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, she is feisty . . . but so stinkin' sweet, too! We love this little girl and can't wait for her to continue to grow up. She'll be running and playing with the neighborhood kids in no time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe she is already one!! They grow up way too fast. She is such a doll. Happy Birthday little Mataya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Kenzie.She is adorable. Bless your heart for all you guys have been through in the last year, I can't imagine. Hope you are doing well. We need to catch up sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Kenzie, I'm so glad you commented. It was so good to hear from you an you made my day.

    I'm sad that I never knew about your little girl. It's kind of weird to not keep in touch and then to suddenly be caught up with each other's "real life" situations. Looking at both of us in high school with our very charmed lives seems so weird that we had no idea what we were both in for!

    Little mataya is beautiful and she has your brown eyes. I got cold chills over my entire body reading about your day at the hospital on surgary day. It's not fair sometimes, and I'm so sorry. I know how uncomfortable those sleeping chairs are! It's weird to be relating to you with this!

    Anyway, I'm so happy to be in touch with you again. I really hope that the worst is over for your sweet girl.

    Love
    Reagan

    ReplyDelete