Saturday, November 7, 2009

Now that's a sandwich!

If you work at Iron Springs Elementary then you know about Bonita's sandwiches. Bonita Turnbaugh teaches second grade and every day at lunch all of us fellow teachers covet her sandwiches. I am not even a huge sandwich person but she somehow makes them look so good. She picks the best bread and loads it up with layers of meat and cheese. (I feel like Joey on Friends) Anyway the rest of us teachers always try to get her to make us one but only the few and lucky have had the experience. She made one for a certain someone who shall remain nameless after a certain elective surgery. But that is it. That is the only person who had ever had the experience until now. I ran into Bonita this summer when my baby was still in the hospital and she said she would make me a sandwich because I was so sad. Well it finally happened. And not only did she make me a sandwich but she brought me chips and an apple to go with it. Well I had to savour the moment so here I am in the faculty room eating my sandwich. Thanks Bonita! (PS she made me another one the next week because she loves me so much. Put that in your pipe and smoke it fellow ISE faculty:)

3 comments:

  1. I am LMBO! (I'll keep it clean!) How on earth did you get her to make you a second one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, girl! You are just SOOOO stinkin' loved! What can we say??? I'd watch your back at school, though . . . . some people don't handle this sort of favoritism well . . . ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT!! I had no idea about the second one! I better get 3 when I have my baby. :) lol!

    ReplyDelete