Sunday, July 11, 2010

More Mataya Stuff

Mataya hasn't gained weight like the doctors wanted following her heart surgery. Last week we went to the doctor every day except Friday. She has had extra heart beats since her surgery and her cardiologist wanted to know how many she was having in a 24 hour period. So she wore a heart monitor so we could get that info recorded. When I took the monitor off it left these big rash looking marks. I think the sticky things where the leads were, took off a little skin when I peeled them off. It was sad. A few days after, the skin started peeling and it looked like I had let her get a sun burn. Anyway, after the monitor was removed I had to take her to St. George to a geneticist. She asked us a million questions about our family. She wanted to know how tall my siblings were. When she asked about my brother I simply said he is a giant. Clearly if you know anyone in my family you would know we are anything but small. (Picture Grandpa Bud if you will) Of course Kody's family is shorter than mine but still not tiny folks. (OK maybe Janet) Then she measured Mataya. She weighed her and measured her length but then she also measured how long her fingers were, how long her toes were, her legs, arms, head circumference, etc. It was interesting to watch and much different than our other doc appointments. She needed blood of course (they always do) and wanted a urine sample. She is going to see if she can find a genetic defect that is making her small. I'll keep you posted. (Get it posted? This is a post. he he)

6 comments:

  1. Oh sad picture. I hope they find out why she is so little. That was fun at church today. We should plan a play day for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little thing! She has been through so much in her already. I'm glad you are keeping this thing updated so I can keep up on you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. She may be tiny but great things come in small packages:)! I feel like I haven't seen you in FOREVER. Halle sends hugs and kisses to Mataya. Let's get together and play this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heck she has been through so much I sure hope they can figure something out. Poor thing! She is so sweet, it was good to see you guys at the July Jamboree. Your family is through and through beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( You are such a strong mommy. Thanks for the update. You are never complaining, just informing. I so envy that about you. I cant say I would be the same with going through so much with your little princess.

    Stay strong! She will get bettererer and bigger soon!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that pic is so sad! I had to wear a heart monitor once and the leads burned my skin just like that! Poor little girl. I feel for you and having a sick kid....I swear I feel aged. Every little thing has worn me down! Hang in there girlie and let me know if you need anything or just to talk!!! Love ya guys

    ReplyDelete