Saturday, December 19, 2009

Finally I am updating!

A few people have been getting after me for not updating! I'm not going to mention names TALIA! Anyway, I took Mataya to the cardiologist on Thursday for her appointment. She was born with 3 holes in her heart. One of them closed up by the time she was two months old, but she still has two. Anyway, they want us to take Mataya up to Primary Children's Hospital on Monday so they can sedate her and do an echocardiogram. They are thinking that the holes are causing her not to be able to gain weight. She is only eleven pounds now and she is 6 1/2 months old. Even though she was born early, they still want her gaining more weight. Also her heart is enlarged from working so hard. So we hope that the appointment will go well. Now for an update on our family for the last month. When Kody and I first got married he informed me we will never have a fake tree. He said we will always go and cut one down. So the first year we cut one down off the mountain and brought it home. We decorated it in our first ghetto apartment. Pretty soon Shad Rollo came over and made fun of it, and said it looked like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree. So the next year we were in search of a really good one. Well we found a good one but Kody set the saw down in the snow and lost it. We couldn't cut it down because he couldn't remember where he set the saw. So we drove back to town and bought a tree at Albertson's. The next year we made sure not to lose the saw. This time Kody and Shad went together to cut down trees and I stayed home because I was pregnant. They got back and hauled the tree into the house. When I got up to put the lights on the tree I could see the tree was glistening all over like it was wet. However this was not water, it was sap. Sap that was dripping all over my carpet. So Kody tried to get the tree out of the house without making too big of a mess. Needless to say, sap got all over my wall and we couldn't get it off, and eventually painted over it. So up to Albertson's again to buy a tree. So every year has been one thing after another. Well last year I was pregnant and we moved into our new house on December 19th. I didn't want to get a tree because I was sick and didn't want to do the work. So Kody and McKoy went up to Ace and bought a pre lit (fake) tree. The lights on it were colored and it was only $25. We were only going to use it that year, and get a real one the next year. So that brings me to this year, Christmas 2009. This year Kody set out to cut another tree down because my decorations don't go with colored lights and he loves real trees. He almost killed our son when he slid down Summit mountain in our truck trying to cut down the perfect tree. He brings home this enormous tree like Clark Griswold. When he goes to put it in our house it is way too big. So he tries to cut it down but the tree trunk splits into two as it goes up. So when he cuts it smaller, it brakes into two separate pieces and looks like crap. So at 8:00 that night, I have finally had all I can take of this tree circus, and I go up to Home Depot and buy a beautiful pre lit (fake) tree with white lights. Then we try to watch a movie by our tree, on our new nintendo Wii Kody bought because our xbox broke only to discover that the Wii doesn't play DVD's which is the reason we bought the thing in the first place. PS they will not let you return opened Wii's:) So Merry Christmas to me and my bone head husband. Now I would like for you to picture the movie Four Christmas's, when Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn dress up as Mary and Joseph in the church Christmas play. Now picture that, being Kody and Kenzie, and baby Jesus being played by Mataya in our ward Christmas play. That is exactly what happened last Saturday night. It didn't go down exactly like Four Christmas's but it was still pretty funny seeing Kody play Joseph. McKoy wanted to be the Indian. I know you didn't know there was an Indian present at Jesus' birth, but McKoy insisted there was. Next, picture the movie National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation when Clark goes ballistic because he didn't get his Christmas bonus. That was how the employees of the Iron County School District felt this year when we learned we weren't getting our Christmas bonus. It has been a pretty eventful month for us and will probably only get crazier. Anyway, in the words of Clark Griswold, "Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, kiss my #%*, kiss his #%*, kiss your #%*, Happy Hanukkah!

6 comments:

  1. Jase & I both LOVED your post. We were both laughing pretty hard.
    Good luck at P.Childrens - hope everything goes good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I am laughing out loud and Jed is saying what is so funny, I can't even tell him w/out cracking up. I just keep thinking, why don't you bend over and I'll show ya,You have a lot of nerve talking to me like that. I wasn't talking to you! We watched 4 christmases last night and I loved the nativity part. Just let Koy be the B.R.I. hehehehe. I will see you tomorrow or mon. if we get in late

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the tree story is too funny. There is a great place on 400 West we have bought our tree since we have been married. Pretty cheap and beautiful. But now you have a wonderful pre-lit tree, you probably will never want a real tree again.

    If you need anything on Monday, let me know. I'll be up there. We will be thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kenzie, your posted made me crack up! I am laughing to myself outload in our office and Brace asked what is so funny, I had him come read your post, he started to laugh too. The great thing is that everyone can relate some how to Christmas Vacation...haha. Hope you guys have a great Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously SO FUNNY!! That is why you have to get real christmas trees otherwise you won't have great stories to share with all of us. You can count on my husband to make fun of things he shouldn't. I apologize in advance for anything else he may do. Love ya!!
    XOXO Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am laughing so hard right now....I have heard all these stories in person but re-hearing them is just as funny! Thanks for a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete